New printers: rollout underway
Work on upgrading the school's printers is now underway and is scheduled to run until Thursday 28 July.
During the upgrade period
Our new supplier, DTP, will be on site removing old Xerox printers and replacing them with new HP Printers. Personal printers will not be affected.
- Look out for signs on your printer letting you know when it is scheduled for upgrade and where you can print while your machine is being upgraded
- Full details of the programme of work are available on the Printer replacement schedule
- IT support will be floor walking to assist with any queries and ensure a smooth transition
Printing on the new machines is cheaper but you will need to have credit (ie. a balance higher than zero) to print. Users will be allocated £100 of credit until the new financial year and further information about print credit will be circulated shortly.
Other new features include:
- A “mobile device” printing feature that allows easy printing from your smartphone or tablet
- Easier colour printing, the user guide outlines this and other key tasks
The upgrade work will take place intensively over a short period but the team is keen to get feedback about the impact of the changes in your area. Please use the customer feedback form to share your comments.
Please contact IT Support: firstname.lastname@example.org with any other queries.