Deadline for Spring 2016 Senior SA Officer Elections
Interested in being on the Student Association? Love the LBS community? The Spring Elections are just around the corner, and we are looking for driven, responsible, and passionate people to be the new leaders of our team!
For full details on the election process, rules, eligibility and to find the role that's right for you, please visit the SA Elections Site. We would also love to talk through the responsibilities and expectations of each role - along with our own experiences - so please feel free to reach out to any current SA officers for more information.
In addition, we will be holding office hours everyday from 29 February to 4 March at 11.30am (except Tuesday) and 3.30pm in the Nash. This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about the inner workings of SA and have a chat with current officers.
We are looking for talented people who can make an impact in the following roles:
- Senior Social Affairs Representative
- Senior Campus Operations Officer
- Senior Sports & Clubs Officer
- Senior PR and Communications Officer
- Academics and Ethics Representative
- Sponsorship Representative
- Alumni Representative
- Careers Representative
- Student Advocate Officer
The Election Process
Here are your next steps:
- Applications: Send a 200 word manifesto to SA Oversight Committee (email@example.com) by 4 March, 2016. The manifesto should address which position you are running for, relevant experience and skills, and your motivation for being part of the SA. To give you an idea of the previous manifestos, click here.
- Candidate Announcement: Candidates eligible for campaigning will be announced on 7 March, 2016.
- Campaigning: Candidates will be able to campaign from 7 March, 2016 onward.
- Voting: Open from the 14 to 18 March, 2016. To vote, a link will be emailed to the student body.
- Results: Results will be announced by 21 March, 2016.
SA President Election Process
But what about the SA President?
To be eligible for the SA President role, you need to apply to one of the roles above. Here is how the process works:
The President is elected by a simple majority of:
- The members of the Incoming Executive Committee; and
- The members of the Executive Committee who were elected during the 2015 Autumn Elections (first year roles and programme reps)
For any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to receiving your applications!