Sohit Anand - MiF Programme Representative 2018/19
With student Programme Representatives settling into their elected roles, let's meet the new MiF rep Sohit Anand...
Briefly describe your journey to enrolling at London Business School…
I have two cousins who have have graduated from LBS, so it holds a special place in my heart. I grew up hearing their stories and that made it my dream school. After completing my undergraduate degree at Emory and selling my soul to finance in New York, the natural progression in my career was grad school and there was never going to be any place other than LBS for me.
What made you apply to become a programme rep?
The honour to represent my class, and the opportunity to interact with leaders throughout campus.
What are you aiming to achieve in the post?
To be able to provide a strong voice and representation for MiF students on a school-wide level.
Away from studies and newly-appointed responsibilities, where do you like to spend most of your time?
At the Windsor - both time and money!
If you could invite five celebrities to a dinner party, who would they be and why
- Warren Buffet - His last annual lunch was auctioned for $3.3m and as a finance student there's nobody whose brain I'd like to pick more.
- Sir Alex Ferguson - As a diehard Manchester United fan he'll always be our gaffer, and I'd love to learn the art of man management and staying relevant over a long period of time.
- Mahatma Gandhi - As an Indian, no one makes us prouder. He was instrumental in the freedom struggle of my country.
- Oprah Winfrey - because it's Oprah!
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh - As a Sikh, he is one of our most important heroes. He helped unite and grow the Sikh empire to its largest during his reign.
- BONUS: My dad - there's no way he's not attending this dinner party!
Tell us something surprising about yourselves…
I always get asked the secret to my energy and positivity and the answer is meditation. I try to meditate every morning and it's the best habit I've ever adopted.