Lisa Bohner, MFA, Programme Director
Name: Lisa Bohner
Role: Masters in Financial Analysis, Programme Director
- What does your typical day at LBS look like?
A hearty “Good morning” to my team, and check-in to see how everyone is doing. Then attention to my calendar, email, meetings, report work and studying.
- What keeps you motivated?
Learning something new in an environment with smart, dedicated people; being productive and knowing my contribution adds value.
- What’s your favourite spot on campus and why?
Suleyman Basak’s office is like a time capsule of his career where among the hundreds of books are gifts and mementos from students, friends and colleagues, excellence in teaching awards and a white board covered in complex equations and for every artefact there’s a compelling story.
- What is top of your bucket list?
I have long dreamed of performing a selection of instrumental Christmas music with my children who play guitar and double bass and I am delighted to report this will be achieved this year.
- Who would play you in the film of your life?
Someone with range and longevity; the brilliant Cate Blanchet comes to mind.
- Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
Oprah Winfrey, Simon Pegg, Steven Colbert, Michael Chabon, Ayelet Waldman, David Sedaris, James Taylor and Julia Child.
- What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Happiness is dependent on the quality of your relationships and those relationships must be nurtured. The happiest and most successful people are not working alone.
- What do you consider your greatest achievement?
Awarding winning pie!
- What’s the best piece of advice you’ve ever been given?
It’s a tie: be kind to everyone you meet and practice daily meditation; both will have a profound impact on your life.
- Tell us something surprising about you
My father was a direct descendant from Peregrine White who was born aboard the Mayflower in 1620.