Georgie Peachey, Fitness and Wellbeing Centre Manager
1. Tell us a bit about what your job involves?
My role involves everything from overseeing the running of the Fitness and Wellbeing Centre, to teaching classes, to inducting new members and, most importantly, keeping the members happy and achieving their goals.
2. Tell us about the Fitness and Wellbeing Centre and its wonderful new features
With the refurbishment, we have gained many wonderful new features. There are too many to include but just a few of these include the amazing Spin Studio with its 90-inch TV, brand new cardio and resistance machines and the weight-lifting platforms.
3. What part of the role do you enjoy most?
The most enjoyable part of my role is making people sweat with a smile on their faces but, most importantly, when they realise what they have achieved.
4. What are your biggest challenges?
One of my biggest challenges is managing expectations. We all want that ‘perfect’ gym and my job is to get it as close as possible.
5. You must be excited about the new Fitness and Wellbeing Centre – what has it been like to see it transform?
The Fitness and Wellbeing Centre has had a great transformation in the last three months. Honestly, it has been a challenge, but seeing the walls knocked down and new ones put up, it was well worth the wait and I can’t even remember what it was like before the amazing change. I’m super proud be working there!
6. What’s your favourite class, session or piece of equipment?
My favourite class is my Insanity class that I teach. It is as insane as it sounds, so why not try it yourselves?
7. What is your best LBS moment so far?
My best LBS moment was attending my first summer celebration and realising what a great place it is to work here. Also the day the Fitness and Wellbeing Centre officially opened after the refurb.
8. Have you got any funny stories you can share?
I do have one from when I was travelling. I thought it would be a great idea to ride an ostrich in Vietnam – it was all going well until I ended up on the floor!
9. Who would you invite to your dream dinner party and what would you cook?
I would invite comedian Micky Flanagan as I know I would be non-stop laughing which I love doing. I would cook the spiciest curry, as everything I eat must be spicy.
10. Tell us something surprising about you
A few people know, but I used to be a semi-professional footballer and played for Crystal Palace Ladies Football Club.