Excellence in Teaching Award 2016By Lauren French
The Excellence in Teaching Award is given annually to one or two members of faculty who are judged to have made an outstanding contribution to teaching at London Business School.
Congratulations to the winner of this year's Excellence in Teaching Award: Niro Sivanathan, Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour.
The winner is determined using the following criteria:
- Personal ratings from students
- Intellectual rigour and challenge of courses taught
- Effort and achievement in course development and innovation
- Amount of mentoring and peer advice provided to other faculty
- Feedback speed/quality/helpfulness to students and peers
- Contribution to development of global business capabilities in students.
- Teaching that embodies London Business School Values
Best Teacher Award, EMBA 2016: David Myatt, Professor of Economics
Faculty Teaching Awards 2016
The following faculty are to receive Faculty Teaching Awards. These awards recognise excellence in teaching over the 2015/2016 academic year and are determined entirely by student vote.
Best Teacher Award, MBA 2016: Alex Edmans, Professor of Finance
Best Teacher Award, MiF 2016: Suleyman Basak, Professor of Finance
Best Teacher Award, MiM 2016: Emmanuel de George, Assistant Professor of Accounting
Best Teacher Award, SLOAN 2015: David Arnold, Adjunct Professor of Marketing
All the awards will be presented at this year’s Congregation ceremonies - well done!