New Fitness and Wellbeing Centre grand opening event
Our newly refurbished Fitness and Wellbeing Centre's grand opening event takes place today at 11.30. Cutting the ribbon for our official opening will be England and Wasps rugby star James Haskell.
Please join us at the Taunton Centre from 11.15 to 12.30, where you will be able to try out the new facilities and equipment and take part in our new fitness classes. You can also meet our new barber and book in for a hairstyle makeover to start the new year.
Opening day programme
Where: Fitness and Wellbeing Centre reception, Taunton ground floor
Time: From 11.15
- Visit the new Fitness and Wellbeing Centre reception
- Meet the Fitness and Wellbeing Centre team
- Try our Nutramino bars and shakes, protein balls and other treats
- Giveaways and prize draws, including free towel cards and more
- View and purchase items from our new apparel and accessory range
- 11.30 to 12.30 – speeches by Julian Birkinshaw, Deputy Dean, and Rugby legend, James Haskell, followed by the formal ribbon cutting and toast.
Try out the new gym
From 12.30 the brand new gym on level 1 will be open so you can test out all the latest sports equipment, including:
- Life Fitness Elevation Series treadmills and exercise bikes
- PowerMill Climbers
- A weights area stocked with Hammer Strength HD Elite Power Racks
- A range of SKILLMILL Connect running machines.
On-site barber service
Come and meet our newly appointed on-site barber, Luke Young. Luke will be on hand to give more information on his services. Luke will be working in the new Barber Room from Monday to Wednesday. You can make an appointment through the Fitness Centre.
Please note: we will run an altered class timetable on Monday to accommodate this event.
Find out more
For more details, to book a class or haircut appointment with Luke, please email the Fitness and Wellbeing Centre team or telephone +44(0)20 7000 7900.