Congregation Week - your essential guide
Congregation Week is approaching fast - here is your essential guide for to the week's activities, complete with the all-important ticket booking links.
Summer Ball 2018
This is it – our biggest, fanciest and, sadly, the last LBS social event of the year. Held at the iconic, 12th century Guildhall, the black-tie event will feature a champagne reception, standing dinner and dessert, an open bar and entertainment and dancing throughout the night. Summer Ball is the perfect way to celebrate a memorable year for LBS students and partners across all programs and years. Ticket sales close on May 31st (or when tickets are sold out), so be sure to buy your ticket ASAP!
- Date & time: Saturday, July 14, 18:00 – 02:00 (15 July)
- Location: Guildhall
- Ticket price: £140
- Buy your tickets here! (five per student max)
Relax on the lawn for an extended last Sundowners as students! Unfortunately, we can’t get around the usual capacity restrictions so only students (no guests) will be allowed entry for the first hour.
- Date & time: Sunday, July 8, 17:30 – 20:30
- Location: The Nash & LBS Front Lawn
- Cost: Free, no RSVP needed but bring your LBS ID! Partners welcome (capacity permitting) beginning at 18:30
Student Celebration Evening
A massive celebration of student life with all graduating students from all programmes, held at the famous Koko in Camden. Will include canape style food, drinks, entertainment (including student band performances, casino and games table, DJ and more) and student awards celebrating you and your classmates! Partners are welcome.
We are looking for people who would like to perform at Student Celebration Evening (dances, lip-synching and other performances are welcome). Please contact JConradi@london.edu if you’re interested in performing
- Date & time: Wednesday, July 11, 18:00 – 00:30 (12 July)
- Location: Koko, 1A Camden High St, London NW1 7JE
- Cost: £10
- Buy your tickets here! (two per student max, partners welcome)
Back To School Faculty Lecture Series
Treat your friends and family to a day of lectures run by some our most celebrated faculty! From Sir Andrew Likierman to Niro Sivanathan and from Rupert Merson to Simona Botti - our family and friends will witness a wide range of topics and teaching styles. Best part about this - no assignments, just three hours of unadulterated School time!
If you'd like to help our relatives have a great time, we'd really appreciate few volunteers who can help with the security sign-in at SOC, on the morning of the event, especially on 12 July, Thursday. If you are able to volunteer on either of those days, please drop a line with your availability on: email@example.com OR firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- Date & time: Wednesday, July 11 OR Thursday, July 12, 09:30 - 12:30 (three 45 min sessions on each day, tickets are for all sessions on that day). Please keep in mind your timetable for the week - for example, if you are graduating on the 11 July, you won't be able to send your relatives to a lecture AND have them back in time for graduation.
- Location: SOC LT 18 & 19 (3rd floor)
- Cost: Free, RSVP required
- Grab your tickets here! (two per student max for one day only, tickets are for friends/family of students only, not students themselves)