Donate to the Community Toy Drive 2018
This year’s Toy Drive is now underway and runs until Monday 3 December.
Staff, students and faculty are invited to buy a gift up to the value of £10 or provide a cash donation for a local child aged between the ages of 0-12.
The Community Toy Drive was London Business School’s first ever School-wide community initiative launched in 2009 by the Community Action Group. It was a huge success, and we have been running it every year since. To date we have donated over 3,000 toys, making Christmas extra special for thousands of local children.
In the words of a single mother with two young children and unable to work:
It may perhaps have seemed a small gesture to an outsider, but for my children to both get a present was a real treat for them. So to whoever organised this, I wanted to let you know how much appreciated it was and how it made a difference to our Christmas and no doubt many other families.
How it works
- Over the coming weeks, collections will be co-ordinated through departmental and student Toy Drive reps
- Toys may be deposited at one of the drop-off points or given to your departmental or student rep
- Cash donations can be made via your Toy Drive reps
- Communal drop-off points will be situated at shop@LBS and the reception areas of the Ratcliffe and Taunton Buildings, as well as the Student Lounge in SOC.
Guidelines for donors
- Toys should be new and unwrapped
- Unisex toys make life easier
- Your rep can provide you with a list of suggested toys
The Toy Drive is not only a worthwhile cause, it is a fun activity for everyone. We are always looking for volunteers to help us buy, wrap and deliver presents, make decorations and generally get involved.
If you would like to know more please contact your Community Toy Drive rep or email us at email@example.com. You can also find out more by joining our dedicated Yammer group or by visiting our webpage.